Information on TANF Maryland Program
TANF Maryland is a support service for Maryland families. The purpose of TANF (Temporarily Assistance to Needy Families) Maryland is to provide financial and medical assistance to needy dependent children and the parents or relatives with whom they are living. Eligible TANF households receive monthly cash and Medicaid benefits. TANF uses state funds to provide cash assistance to families.
Under TANF, eligible adults are limited to receiving benefits for a total of 60 months in their lifetime, including months of TANF-funded assistance granted in other states. Once this limit is reached, that adult and all members of his or her FA household are ineligible to receive any more TANF benefits. The 60 months need not be consecutive, but rather each individual month in which TANF-funded benefits are received is included in the lifetime count
Do You Qualify for TANF Maryland?
To qualify for Maryland TANF:
- you must be a resident of Maryland,
- either pregnant OR responsible for a child under 19 years of age,
- a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident,
- have low or very low income,
- and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed.
TANF Maryland Application Process:
- An application must be filed, interview conducted and all financial and technical eligibility factors met prior to issuance of benefits. There are a number of ways to apply, including at the Local Department of Social Services (LDSS). To find the office nearest you, visithttp://www.dhr.state.md.us/blog/?page_id=805.You may file an application online at www.marylandsail.org. To download an application, please visit https://www.marylandsail.org/VerfForms.aspx.
Baltimore City DSS
Talmadge Branch Building
1910 N. Broadway Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21213
Phone: (443) 378-4600
Fax: (443) 378-4613
For more information on Maryland TANF:
Program Contact Information
311 W. Saratoga St.
Baltimore, MD 21201