Information on TANF Utah Program. Utah TANF is also called Utah Cash Assistance
TANF Utah is a support service for Utah families. The purpose of TANF (Temporarily Assistance to Needy Families) Utah is to provide financial and medical assistance to needy dependent children and the parents or relatives with whom they are living. Eligible TANF households receive monthly cash and Medicaid benefits. TANF uses state funds to provide cash assistance to families.
Under TANF, eligible adults are limited to receiving benefits for a total of 60 months in their lifetime, including months of TANF-funded assistance granted in other states. Once this limit is reached, that adult and all members of his or her FA household are ineligible to receive any more TANF benefits. The 60 months need not be consecutive, but rather each individual month in which TANF-funded benefits are received is included in the lifetime count
Do You Qualify for TANF Utah?
To qualify for Utah TANF:
- you must be a resident of Utah,
- either pregnant OR responsible for a child under 19 years of age,
- a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident,
- have low or very low income,
- and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed.
TANF Utah Application Process:
- To apply, go to Utah Helps website
- For new and open medical, food stamps, financial and childcare cases, call:
- Salt Lake Area 801-526-0950
- Outside Salt Lake Area 866-435-7414
- Call Center Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM