Information on TANF Tennessee Program. Tennessee’s TANF is also called Tennessee Families First.
TANF Tennessee is a support service for Tennessee families. The purpose of TANF (Temporarily Assistance to Needy Families) Tennessee is to provide financial and medical assistance to needy dependent children and the parents or relatives with whom they are living. Eligible TANF households receive monthly cash and Medicaid benefits. TANF uses state funds to provide cash assistance to families.
Under TANF, eligible adults are limited to receiving benefits for a total of 60 months in their lifetime, including months of TANF-funded assistance granted in other states. Once this limit is reached, that adult and all members of his or her FA household are ineligible to receive any more TANF benefits. The 60 months need not be consecutive, but rather each individual month in which TANF-funded benefits are received is included in the lifetime count
Do You Qualify for TANF Tennessee?
To qualify for Tennessee TANF:
- you must be a resident of Tennessee,
- either pregnant OR responsible for a child under 19 years of age,
- a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident,
- have low or very low income,
- and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed.
TANF Tennessee Application Process:
- To apply for this program, please contact the Department of Human Service Adult and Family Services office near you: http://www.state.tn.us/humanserv/Office_locator.html
Davidson County Office
Dist. 6, Cty. #19
P. O. Box 1135 (37202-1135)
1000 2nd Avenue North (37202-1028)
Phone: (615) 532-4000
Dist. 8, Cty. #79
170 North Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103-1820
Phone: (901) 543-7351 | FAX: (901) 543-6474 and (901) 543-6084
Knox County Office
Dist 2, CTY #47
2700 Middlebrook Pike, Suite 100
Knoxville, TN 37921-5698
Phone: (865) 594-6151 | FAX: (865)-594-3901
For more information on Tennessee TANF: