Information on TANF Missouri Program
TANF Missouri is a support service for Missouri families. The purpose of TANF (Temporarily Assistance to Needy Families) Missouri is to provide financial and medical assistance to needy dependent children and the parents or relatives with whom they are living. Eligible TANF households receive monthly cash and Medicaid benefits. TANF uses state funds to provide cash assistance to families.
Under TANF, eligible adults are limited to receiving benefits for a total of 60 months in their lifetime, including months of TANF-funded assistance granted in other states. Once this limit is reached, that adult and all members of his or her FA household are ineligible to receive any more TANF benefits. The 60 months need not be consecutive, but rather each individual month in which TANF-funded benefits are received is included in the lifetime count
Do You Qualify for TANF Missouri?
To qualify for Missouri TANF:
- you must be a resident of Missouri,
- either pregnant OR responsible for a child under 19 years of age,
- a US national, citizen, legal alien, or permanent resident,
- have low or very low income,
- and be either under-employed (working for very low wages), unemployed or about to become unemployed.
TANF Missouri Application Process:
- You may request an application for this program by contacting the Customer and Information Unit, Family Support Division, P.O. Box 2320, 615 Howerton Court, Jefferson City, MO 65102 or calling 1-800-392-1261. Or visit TANF Missouri website at http://www.dss.mo.gov
615 East 13th Street
Kansas City MO 64106
Phone: (816) 889-2000
For more information on Missouri TANF: